Tuesday, August 4, 2009

dimepiece

THAT WHAT DONT KILL US, WILL ONLY MAKE ME STRONGER

when people ask me how was frisco? how was it?....it could be summed up in one word: INTENSE



i found a lucky dime on the floor this morning. i knew then today was gonna be a good day.

yesss today is finally here. im so happy. more like relieved. this was probably one of the most intense experiences i've ever had. it felt like it took an eternity to get to this finish line but now that its here it feels like i just blinked from the moment i arrived. ok so for those reading this, i realized i've been ambiguous as to why i came to frisco. if it wasnt obvious the main reason i journeyed up north was to attend this nursing review which is supposed to be the BE ALL & END ALL of nursing reviews. my moms is convinced that doin this review will be the missing link i needed to finally pass this test. i really didnt want to spend all the dough to come up here which is why i was sooooo resistant to the idea. but push definitely turned to shove & i had to suck it up & think about my future bullshit & take one for the team. the team meaning my famlay. i didnt wanna feel like a failure no more which lead me to the south city. from start to end it's been crazy & new. my first real time going anywhere on my own. making me own way in a new city. adapting & adjusting & tolerating new people & having enough patience to live with them. disciplining myself into establishing a routine of waking up early & being alert & paying attention for 8 hours straight for the span of 10 consecutive days. even though i had to put up w/very different personalities & the intensity of the rigorous schedule, i have to admit that i actually loved this experience. it made me a way stronger person. i mean i knew i had it in me, but when you are forced into a certain situation it brings out a side you never knew existed. i kinda loved being on my own & thinking for only myself; not having to worry about anything else just me & what i needed to get done. like i had to answer to myself. the biggest downside to that was it kinda got lonely. the roommate situation was somewhat unpleasant but for the most part i will always remember those bitches oh i mean girls. fo real, they made me stronger in more ways than one. through them, i know what i never want to be & that people are still narrow minded but that insecure people always put down & that ignorance is not always bliss. i love em; love to hate them. hahaha. aniwais, i met some really chill & cooler people though! of course on the very last days. i decided to let my fob guard down & befriend people who looked welcoming. i did & the pay off was so sweet. i saw this guy from class eating dinner by himself & went to say hi because its kinda sad to see people eating by themselves; like i did for every night. haha. but we became friends & also another girl & in them i found allies as well as people i could vent to about my roommates. i told them how inconsiderate my roomies were & they totally sympathized w/me & said "we felt so sorry for you sitting in the back with them." right??? but they were goodd people, in the middle of our conversation, i stopped & said, "omg this feels so good to converse with people who are non-judgemental, courteous & speaking the same language!" it was nice. i wish everyone well on this test. we worked our asses off. oh i'll also miss the bellhop dude i made friends with cuz i was always down in the lobby on the phone or reading trying to avoid my roommates. hahahaha. but aniwais, the returning flight on southwest sucked balls compared to jet blue. but i didnt care cuz that meant i was going home. flyin solo is such an experience, i like it. it kinda seems like, "ya im cool enough to travel on my own" type feel. which i sooo am. but to end this, i was ecstatic when i came home. it was surreal. i wasnt gone long but everything felt so new to me as if i hadnt seen it in forever. i wanted to kiss the floor when i got home. i met up the welcoming committee @ pinkberry cuz i was craving yogurt & i was all smiles. im hoping the next time i fly it will be for pleasure. although i could kinda see myself living up there if i had the opportunity, there's no place like HOME. even though i was greeted home with the smell of bonfire cuz there was a really big brush fire near my house...



oh & my view on my flight back since southwest is so ghetto with no tvs. HA.



No comments:

free-website-hit-counters.com